When: Wednesday 24th May 2023, 2pm – 4pm
Where: Design Commission for Wales, 4th Flr, Cambrian Buildings, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff CF10 5FL
Booking: This is a free event but please secure your spot on Eventbrite.
Join us for an event to consider the design of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) in new development and regeneration in Wales. Designers, developers, engineers, and those involved in delivering new development, the event will examine:
- How SuDS can reintegrate the landscape in urban areas.
- How SuDS can complement good urban design.
- Has the implementation of the SuDS legislation met the aspiration?
- How a multi-disciplinary approach to SuDS can create better places.
- How can the design, approval process, implementation and maintenance of SuDS be improved to contribute to better places.
The event will highlight good practice in the design of SuDS and there will be the opportunity for attendees to contribute to the discussions, identifying good practice and informing the future of SuDS requirements in Wales.
- Ian Titherington, Engineer, Sustainable Drainage Advisor for the Welsh Government
- Simon Richards, Landscape Architect, Director of Land Studio, Design Panel Chair at the Design Commission for Wales
- Lisa Sawyer, Engineer, Director of Land Studio
- Chris Gentle, Urban Designer, Divisional Director at Roberts Limbrick
Please book using the following link - Eventbrite. Do not use the Book Now button.
- Event details
Wednesday 24th May 2023
2pm - 4pm
Design Commission for Wales, 4th floor, Cambrian Buildings, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff, CF10 5FL>