Our purpose is to:
- Champion high standards of design and architecture to the public and private sector in Wales by promoting wider understanding of design issues and the importance of good standards in enhancing the built environment across all sectors.
- Promote design practice that is compatible with the Welsh Assembly Government’s Sustainable Development Scheme, promoting best practice in energy efficiency, waste disposal and public transport.
- Encourage design practice that is compatible with the highest standards in relation to equal opportunity and promoting social inclusion.
- Give due regard to promoting excellence in day to day developments, like housing estates and industrial units, as well as promoting excellence in prestige projects.
Interested in finding out more? You can call us on 029 2045 1964
- Team & Board
Read more information on our team members and board here.
- Carole-Anne Davies, BA (Hons), PG Dip. FRSA Chief Executive
Carole-Anne Davies is Chief Executive of the Design Commission for Wales. Born in Brynmawr, she was educated at Brynmawr Comprehensive School and the Open University. She is a humanities graduate and passionate advocate of the value of culture and the arts in a variety of settings. A career predominantly in senior management roles followed her time in industry with Thorn EMI and she held roles as Director of Cardiff Bay Arts Trust; Trustee at Amgueddfa Cymru National Museum Wales and consultant to the Scottish Government. In 2015 she was appointed founding Chair of The Gregynog Trust. Carole-Anne established a co-production business model at DCFW integrating the expertise of independent, multi-disciplinary, private sector professionals with that of the core staff team. She is an alumna of the CSCLeaders Commonwealth International Study Conference, of Harvard Kennedy School Executive Programme and the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL). She is a Fellow of the UWTSD, an Honorary Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, Life Fellow of the Institute of Welsh Affairs. She is a very, very keen gardener.