A free seminar and networking event hosted by Architype at Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay, 6pm, Tuesday 1st December 2015
Architype invite you to join us for an evening of candid discussion and networking, which will uncover the experience of designing schools to the Passivhaus standard. Come along to explore how Passivhaus can deliver best value for money within the 21st Century Schools Programme. Can it be done? Does it cost more to build? Does it work? What are the actual savings in running costs?
Speakers will share their experience of delivering and monitoring Passivhaus in use, through a range of completed educational projects in both England and Wales.
- 6.00pm - 6.45pm, Reception Drinks
- 6.45pm - 7.50pm, Seminar
- 7.50pm - 9.00pm, Networking and Refreshments
- Carole-Anne Davies / Design Commission for Wales - the need for a new approach
- Lee Fordham / Architype - the design and construction of Passivhaus schools
- Jerry Thomas / Smith Thomas Consult - the cost of delivering Passivhaus
- Chryssa Thoua / Coventry University- results from 2 years of monitoring Passivhaus schools in use
- Matthew Morgan / Dawnus Construction - Introduction to the Patrwm 21 Model
- Event details
Tuesday 1st December 2015
Wales Millennium Centre>